Thank you for your interest in joining the Lake County Bar Association. You may proceed to join online now using your credit card by making your selections and completing the subsequent forms. You may also print the application and mail it in with a check.
Click Here to Register Online
Click Here to download the Membership Application
Click Here to view DUES PAYMENT OPTIONS
Lake County Bar Association Organization Overview
• Providing professional support, education and networking opportunities to lawyers, judges, other legal professionals and the public.
• To maintain the honor and integrity of the profession
• To promote the administration of justice
• To advance the art of jurisprudence
• To foster and encourage cooperation and goodwill among the members of the bench and bar
• To increase and develop the membership, recognizing the importance of diversity and inclusion
• To provide members opportunities for education, networking and social events
• To provide the public with legal resources and referrals
• To ensure that the Lake County Bar Association has the infrastructure, financial resources, personnel, technology and facilities to accomplish its mission
Benefits of Membership
The LCBA brown bag CLE series is FREE to all members. At least 10 hours of locally focused relevant CLE are offered annually.
Members attend CLE programs at a discounted tuition. The LCBA offers programs sponsored by representing different practice-area committees throughout the year.
The Association's business lunch meetings feature interesting speakers from the legal community and beyond, which members attend at a discounted price.
Lawyer Referral Service
Qualified members of the LCBA can join our lawyer referral service, through which the LCBA sends referrals to your office based upon specific case types you select.
LCBA members may join (for free!) practice area committees. Participation in these committees allows members to network with others in their field.
The Docket & Weekly E-news
LCBA members are the first to know what's going on in the Lake County legal community via our monthly magazine The Docket and the weekly e-newsletter.
Click here to read the resolution creating the Ombudsman (approved each year by the Chief Judge and the Executive Committee of the LCBA)
An anonymous way for attorneys to address concerns about judges and for judges to address concerns about lawyers. Our ombudsman gathers information and discusses the matter confidentially with the parties. You may contact he Ombudsman directly and confidentially by calling Bernard Wysocki at 847-623-2200.
Judicial Selection & Retention
Candidates for judicial positions are given an opportunity to complete a written application, be interviewed and rated by a committee of Lake County Bar members. The results of this process are shared with the Court's Circuit Judges and are available to the public.
The committee on Judiciary and Court Rules sends written surveys to LCBA attorney members inquiring about the character and experience of judicial applicants and those seeking retention. The results of this process are shared with the Court's Circuit Judges and are available to the public.
Legal Placement Service
We accept resumes for attorneys, legal secretaries and paralegals. Resumes are available for any member to review.